Intimate plastic surgery for men
Many physical and psychological problems in intimate sphere can be corrected by modern plastic surgery. More and more men realize that they can get professional help instead of struggling with their problems alone.
Intimate surgeries for men include:
Penis straightening (Peyronie’s disease)
Elimination of penis curvature is achieved by removal of transformed (thick cicatrice) protein tunic of cavernous body with restoration of its anatomic integrity. In addition to penis straightening another positive result of the surgery is penis lengthening during erection.
Surgery duration is 2.5-3 hours. The operation is performed under general anesthesia. Duration of hospital stay is 2-3 days. Rehabilitation period is 2-3 weeks.
Elimination of unwanted foreskin scars and deformations
Surgery duration is 1 hour. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. Duration of stay in a hospital is 1 day.
Pubis liposuction (fat extraction)
The surgery is performed if fat is accumulated in subcutaneous tissue. The fat is extracted through punctures. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. Surgery duration is 1 hour. Duration of hospital stay is one day.
Penis lengthening and thickening
For some men the idea of penis enlargement seems to be a solution to many problems. Penile augmentation consists of two procedures: lengthening and thickening. In many cases patients prefer having both operations carried out at the same time.
RomiTal offers original surgical technology for both lengthening and thickening of penis. Surgeries are performed by Prof. Yu. S. Lisaychuk, MD.
What is penis enlargement?
Penis lengthening is achieved by releasing the ligaments that attach penis to the pelvis. Such procedure can result in increasing penis length by 2-4 cm. Incisions made near penis base in hairy part are imperceptible.
Increasing the girth of the penis (penis thickening) is achieved through fat transfer procedure. Fat from another body part of a patient, usually the abdomen is injected around the penis increasing the girth by 1-3 cm.
- Surgery duration: 2.5 hours
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia
- Hospital stay: 2-3 days
- Rehabilitation period: 2 weeks
However penis enlargement is not always necessary since some problems can be resolved through non-surgical methods. You should consult a doctor before making a final decision.
You can receive a pre-surgery consultation at our center. Contact us if you have more questions about penile surgeries.
The penis has three parts: the root, which attaches to the wall of the abdomen; the body, or shaft; and the glans penis, which is the cone-shaped end (head). The opening of the urethra, the tube that transports semen and urine, is at the tip of the glans penis. When the foreskin of the penis is so tight that it cannot be pulled back (retracted) to reveal the head of the penis, the condition is called phimosis. It occurs only in males who are uncircumcised.
What is phimosis?
Phimosis is a constriction of the foreskin at which the glans penis cannot be opened at all or is opened with difficulty and pain. The foreskin is a skin fold that covers the glans penis.
Phimosis, which is seen most often in children, may be present at birth. It also can be caused by an infection, or by scar tissue that formed as a result of injury or chronic inflammation. Another cause of phimosis is balanitis, which leads to scarring and tightness of the foreskin.
Four stages of phimosis can be distinguished:
- In flaccid state the glans penis is uncovered easily but some effort is required during erection.
- Stage 2
- During erection the glans penis cannot be uncovered at all; in flaccid state it is uncovered with or without effort.
- Stage 3
- The glans penis is not uncovered at all or only in flaccid penis state and with significant efforts, although phimosis does not cause urination problems.
- Stage 4
- Phimosis causes urination difficulties. At urination preputial sac is swelling first, and then urine is excreted in thin stream or drop by drop. The glans penis cannot be uncovered even slightly.
Causes of the foreskin constriction are yet unclear. The disease is related to connective tissue insufficiency in the organism which has hereditary predisposition. At the same time mitral valves malformations, platypodia, varicose veins including varicocele and several other diseases or symptoms can be observed.
Types of phimosis
- Infantile phimosis
- Many boys under 2-3 years have phimosis. Some researchers call this condition physiologic phimosis. However there is still no common opinion as to until what age the phimosis can be considered physiologic and when to plan surgical treatment of phimosis for children, etc. It should be also taken into account that physiologic phimosis may have the same complications as common phimosis.The decision on surgery and time of the procedure is very individual and the decision should be made together with a qualified surgeon. It should be noted that most often infantile phimosis ends by itself, the glans penis starts to be uncovered and no further problems arise. Special attention should be given to hygiene of the glans penis until it can be uncovered. It is better to wash it daily with antiseptics (myramistin, chlorhexidine etc.)Generally most specialists think that by 6-7 years the glans penis should be uncovered easily. If this does not happen, the surgery is
- Adult phimosis
- Adult males can have phimosis since childhood or it can be developed during puberty. Heavy growth and development of genitals happens in this period. This can lead to inconformity between penis and the foreskin development. At that the foreskin is smaller than the glans penis, its opening is narrower and it is difficult or impossible to uncover the glans penis. Most often it can be 1 or 2 stage phimosis whereas phimosis that remains since childhood can be not less than stage 3.
Phimosis of adolescents, youths and adult males does not remain unchangeable, the disease progresses steadily. It is related to the beginning of sexual life, erections and masturbation.
During erection the glans penis is enlarged and the foreskin is tightly stretched. This leads to appearance of cracks and microcracks on the foreskin. Usually they are small, do not bleed and do not cause any inconvenience. However scars or microscars appear on these places after healing. Scar tissue is much less elastic than normal the foreskin tissue. Therefore with each new scar the foreskin constriction becomes stronger and the disease progresses.
This process becomes more disturbing during masturbation and sexual intercourse. The foreskin ruptures can be significant at these moments and be accompanied with profuse bleeding.
Phimosis and frenulum breve (short frenulum of prepuce)
Frenulum of prepuce is a skin fold below the glans penis that goes from outer urethral orifice to corona glandis. Normal frenulum is not stretched too much during erection at uncovering of the glans penis. If its tension is too high and the glans penis becomes bent during erection such frenulum is considered short.
Phimosis and frenulum breve are not directly connected but are caused by the same reasons, therefore they often start simultaneously. A case of phimosis without frenulum breve is rarely found.
The most effective treatment of frenulum breve is a special surgery called a frenuloplasty. If frenulum breve is accompanied by phimosis the operation is performed simultaneously with circumcision.
3rd and 4th stages of phimosis when the glans penis cannot be uncovered can lead to fusion of the foreskin parts to mucous tunic of the glans penis. First a small area is fused, then it gradually increases and eventually the foreskin fuses with the gland penis along the whole length of it.
This condition does not cause particular inconvenience except for attempts to uncover the glans penis are accompanied with sharp pain and bleeding. Fusion of the foreskin can be only surgical. If the area of fusion is large, the surgery can be very difficult.
Paraphimosis is a condition when the foreskin becomes trapped behind the glans penis. Most often paraphimosis is caused by attempts to open the foreskin at 2nd or
3rd stage of phimosis. Entrapment can occur during sexual intercourse or masturbation.
Paraphimosis quickly causes the glans penis edema, it quickly enlarges which makes paraphimosis reduction impossible after some time. This condition is accompanied with sharp pain and the glans penis turns blue.
The glans penis should be reduced in case of paraphimosis. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes reduction is very difficult or impossible. If the reduction is unsuccessful, emergency operation of circumcision or dorsal slit is necessary.
Balanoposthitis is an inflammation of the glans penis and foreskin. Hygiene of the glans penis is difficult at phimosis of 2nd and latter stages. It often leads to smegma congestion in preputial sac, its infection and development of inflammation.
Pronounced balanoposthitis combined with phimosis requires emergency dorsal slit of the foreskin. After the inflammation is eliminated planned circumcision is possible.
On the early stages of phimosis non-surgical treatment may be successful. However phimosis causing acute and severe problems should be treated surgically.
- Non-surgical methods
- Corticosteroid therapy
- The essence of the method is regular and prolonged application of corticosteroid ointments on the glans penis and the foreskin. Corticosteroid ointments insignificantly increase foreskin tissue elasticity which may lead to its stretching and decrease of the disease stage. In addition application of glucocorticoids abates edema and inflammation and precipitates microcracks healing.
However in practice ointment treatment gives very little result. Therefore even using them during several months does not produce any effect. If phimosis is prone to progression the disease continues to develop even when a patient is under this treatment although slower.
Generally this method of phimosis treatment should be considered ineffective and should not be recommended for use.
Stretching of the foreskin
The essence of this method is clear from its name. A man should systematically stretch stenosing foreskin ring with his fingers or appliances to make it wider after some time. This method really helped some people to get rid of phimosis. Sometimes it is used in combination with corticosteroid therapy.
Effectiveness of this method does not equal zero but does not differ much from it. To get real effect from stretching of the foreskin one must practice such exercises for 1-2 hours a day during several months or even years. Not many people have enough patience to make all these manipulations to achieve real effect. Besides on 3rd and 4th stages of phimosis the foreskin cannot be stretched enough to achieve any significant effect.
Stretching of the foreskin cannot be recommended as a method of phimosis treatment just because of its extreme inconvenience. More than 99% of attempts to get rid of phimosis in this way fail.
- Surgical methods
- The quickest and most effective method of phimosis treatment is the circumcision. The foreskin is removed completely or partially and it results in correcting the problems with uncovering of the glans penis. Circumcision is indicated at any stage of phimosis. Contraindication to circumcision is balanoposthitis, pronounced inflammation of the glans penis and the foreskin.
Dorsal slit of the foreskin
This surgery is performed during phimosis only in two cases – if phimosis on 3rd and 4th stage is complicated with acute balanoposthitis or if paraphimosis has developed. In the first case it is necessary to achieve uncovering of the glans penis but it is impossible to perform full-fledged circumcision because of the risk of inefficiency of sutures. In case of paraphimosis the ring that squeezes the glans penis needs to be cut but blood circulation disturbance does not allow performing the circumcision immediately.
In such a situation dorsal slit of the foreskin is performed. After this surgery the glans penis uncovers and it is easy to cure balanoposthitis. After the inflammation of the glans penis is cured, the circumcision can be made. It is not necessary to perform the circumcision after the dorsal slit to treat phimosis, but this surgery is required for cosmetic purpose.
Phimosis progress is in many cases caused by hereditary predisposition to this disease so as such phimosis cannot be prevented. Boys need to pay attention to the glans penis daily and uncover it during washing. If phimosis has already developed it is necessary to immediately go to urologist and settle the day of operation. In this way you can avoid a lot of problems.
If you have more questions about penile surgeries, feel free to contact us.